Top 7 Best Hair Dryer for Curly Hair
Item Dimensions LxWxH
4.13 x 11.63 x 9.5 inches
Wavy, Frizzy, Curly
15.3 x 13.8 x 3.7 inches
Wavy, Frizzy, Curly, Thick
5.12 x 4.72 x 72 inches
12.5 x 3 x 12 inches
11.25 x 4 x 10.5 inches
Wavy, Frizzy, Curly
11.1 x 8.3 x 3.9 inches
Do your curly hair bother you to the point of irritation? No worries as here we are listing the best hair dryers for curly hair so thatyou can transform your sopping pile of strands into a true masterpiece.
Finding a decent hair dryer for curly hair is equally important as the drying technique. Few things that you must keep in mind before buying are tourmaline, negative ions, infrared heat and ceramic. These factors when combined well give smoother hair.
- Top 10 Best Hair Dryers Under $90 For Frizzy,Damaged,Curly,Straight
- The 8 Best Hair Dryers for Frizzy Hair to give them a Superb Texture
- 8 Best Hair Dryers under $50/$100– Reviews and Advice
- Best Hair Dryers to Buy Under $30/40/50
- Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer Hot Air Brush reviews
Frizzy hair can make your look chaotic and that too pretty quickly so it’s important to combat frizz and create the look and quality that you desire using a good quality hair dryer.Here they are…
Here are the 7 Best Hair Dryers for Curly Hair to end your dilemma!
About this item
If you want to dry your hair in a super quick and easy way this elegant and lightweight gadget will be perfect for you. It has two inbuilt speed settings as well as three heat settings to give you almost any look you want.
Plus it comes with a diffuser and two concentrator nozzles to give you a great value for your money. It is probably the best hair dryer for curly hair under $50.
- Comes with 3 heat and 2 speed settings
- Easy to use
- Come with concentrator nozzles and diffuser
About this item
The Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer is suitable for all hair types thanks to its highly advanced technology. It’s lightweight, efficient and dries your hair in a faster and easier way than ever before. More importantly, it doesn’t damage your hair as it measures temperature more than 20 times/second.
Although it will cost you a lot more than an average hair dryer, it’s a worthwhile investment. You can also attach the diffuser nozzle for ringlets, beautiful curls or coils.
- Quick Drying
- Protects Your Hair
- Lightweight Body
- Sophisticated Design
- Not Ideal for Travel
About this item
Jinri Blow Hair Dryer is a great 5-minute drying solution if you are bothered by curly hair. It dries your hair 50% faster than other dryers, thanks to the salon performance AC motor installed inside. It gives a silky texture to your curly hair and also protects them from damage.
Plus, it has two speed and three heat settings which makes it the best professional hair dryer for curly hair and let you do your daily styling super easily. If you want to shape your hairstyle then you can do that too through the cool shot button provided.
- Dries curly hair brilliantly resulting in silky and smooth hair.
- Prevents heat damage and frizz by upto 50%
- Easy and professional hairstyling
- A special cool shot button
- Heats up if overused
- Outdated design
About this item
If you are looking to make a long term investment in a hair dryer that has all the main features of a professional tool then Bio Ionic 10X is a great choice. Despite of having a powerful AC motor, it’s unbelievably lightweight.
Apart from having a durable and lightweight motor, it also has the latest ionic technology generated by volcanic minerals.
A minor drawback is the design which can bother people with shorter arms and the combined heat/speed settings which can limit your creativity with hair.
- 10-year warranty
- Ionic technology
- Super Fast professional hair dryer
- Combined heat/speed settings
About this item
The FHI Heat Platform Nano Salon Pro Hair Dryer dries the hair in a fast and efficient way and never makes hair dry, frizzy, and tangled. It takes care of your hair perfectly and also keeps them silky.
It’s built with a special PNF (Proprietary Nano-Fuzeion) Technology to prevent damage and create a incomparable conditioning and shine. It’s well-organized and potent to blow dry and style any kind of hair.
FHI Heat Platform Nano Salon Pro Hair Dryer is one of the best affordable hair dryers for curly hair.
- Multiple Heat Settings
- Super Functional
- Great Performance
- Hydration Supportive
- Hair Friendly
- Dries hair evenly and reduces drying time
- Optimum Heat Adequate
About this item
If frizz is your unwelcome BBF and you need a blowdryer makeover then this beauty can work wonders for you. It has a unique ionic function to combat frizzy hair and also combines drying temperatures with a massive 2000 watts of power.
Millions of active ions in this dryer envelope each hair strand resulting in amazingly smooth and glossy hair.
Plus you can give a great finish to your hair through a cold shot and keep them the way you want for hours.
- Easy to handle
- Works great with cool shot
- Can be used everyday
- No turbo shot button
- Huge diffuser
About this item
Just one word for this hair drying gadget, ‘Love’. And we’ll tell you why. It has a durable AC motor, 1875 watts power and an air flow speed of upto 90 km/h which guarantees quick, easy and salon quality drying and styling.
Moreover it boasts ionic and tourmaline ceramic innovation which produces a massive 100 times more negative ions than any other dryer in its range.
You will get silky, fuzz-free and healthy hair as soon as you start using it. It is also one of the best hair dryers for curly hair.
- Salon quality AC motor
- Great results
- Top 7 Best Hair Dryer for Curly Hair
- Here are the 7 Best Hair Dryers for Curly Hair to end your dilemma!
- 1.John Frieda Frizz Ease Full VolumeHair Dryer & Hair Diffuser for Curly Hair
- 2.Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer & Hair Diffuser for Curly Hair
- 3.Jinri Blow Hair Dryer & Hair Diffuser for Curly Hair
- 4.Bio Ionic 10X Hair Dryer & Hair Diffuser for Curly Hair
- 5.FHI Heat Platform Nano Salon Pro Hair Dryer & Hair Diffuser for Curly Hair
- 6.Braun Stain 3 HD385 Hair Dryer & Hair Diffuser for Curly Hair
- 7.Wazor Professional Hair Dryer & Hair Diffuser for Curly Hair
- The Different Naturally Curly Hair Types
- Hair Treatment for Curly Hair
The Different Naturally Curly Hair Types
There are different naturally curly hair types. Have you ever take a closer look at your naturally curly hair and observe the way the curls feel, look and respond to various products and hairstyles? If you do, you surely have noticed that each strand of your hair follows a distinct curl patterns, textures and sizes.
You are probably seeing smooth S-shaped curls, tight Z-shaped coils, soft waves and tight corkscrew curls on your entire head but does this mean? This does not mean that you have a bad hair or a good hair. This will serve as your guide to help you determine your curl pattern in order to start a healthy routine for your great waves and curls.
Type 2 Hair
This type of hair has a wavy curl pattern that resembles the shape of the letter S. There are actually two sets of Type 2 hair and these are Type 2a and Type 2b. In Type 2A hair strands are very fine while Type 2B hair strands are quite thicker with medium texture.
Some artists with this type of hair are Mya and Chili. Hair of this type needs a different variety of styling options. This can also be easily straightened compared with those with tighter curl patterns. People with this type of naturally curly hair types should use light products in order to enhance its looks.
Type 3 Hair
This type of hair has springy curl pattern, more defined and has many loopy curls. The strands are very thick but they are not coarse, in fact, it is quite fine. This hair has a full body and is classified as 3a, 3b or 3c. Type 3a hair has curls that are loose while the Type 3b has little ringlets that look and feel tight.
It is possible to see a combination of these types which is referred to as Type 3a/b curls. Type 3c kind of hair is totally thick and appears a bit like a kinky corkscrew curls. This type of hair can easily absorb water so it shrinks once wet, however, it can be very springy.
If it is dry and you pull it, it will return back to its normal curl pattern. You can use light cream and pomades to help enhance the look of the curls.
Type 4 hair
This type looks really coarse at first glance but it is not. It is actually fine. In fact, it has the least cuticle layers compared to other types of hair. Once it is combed or brushed, it is more prone to breakage. This is why this hair should be conditioned and moisturized regularly.
There are two subtypes of Type 4 hair. Type 4a is more tightly coiled with a distinct curl pattern and once stretched it has a lot of an S pattern. Type 4b does not have a distinct curl pattern, however, it bends in really sharp angles that resembles letter Z.
Type 4 hair is susceptible to 75% shrinkage of the actual length of hair. Type for hair is good in holding styles like afros, twists and braids even without the help of some products.
Hair Treatment for Curly Hair
1) The first thing you have to do to effectively treat your curly hair is to look for a good stylist. Try to ask if they are familiar with the technique called “twist cutting,” since this is the best for curly hair. You can ask your relatives, friends or someone with great hair for advice.
It is actually best to acquire recommendations from people with hair similar to yours. If you go to a salon, ask for someone who is more experienced, this may cost more, but is actually worth it.
2) You do not need to shampoo your hair each day, however, you do need to condition your hair each time you go for a shower. Choose a shampoo and a conditioner that makes you feel good.
For sure, you do not want your hair washed and then feels like there are traces of products still in your hair or makes your hair feels dry.
3) Always wash using cold water because it helps the hair look shinier, reduces frizz and it locks in moisture. Dry brushing is usually the cause of frizziness, why not use your fingers to help comb your dry hair.
4) Do not use too much hair products. When you use mousse, gel or styling milk, place some into your palm first and then rub them together. It will be distributed better if you use it this way instead of globbing it onto just one spot. You surely want to distribute the product through your hair evenly.
5) It is better to use a product when your hair is still wet from the shower because this will trap in the moisture and make the hair thick, making it look like moisture rich curls. Since the hair is the dirtiest parts of our body, you need to detoxify you hair at least once a month.
You encounter pollution, germs, smoke and smog everyday and once all of these get trapped in your hair, the hair will really become dirty. Even if you do not use any products in your hair, you still need to detoxify it once a month.
One of the worst things that you can do to your naturally curly hair is to fight the curl. Why not put down all the flat irons, blow dryers and straightening creams and embrace your curls.
If you are going out into the wind, you can braid sections of your hair, twist or clip them to the crown area of your head. Go to your destination and it will not be frizzy. If you go to sleep at night, one thing you can do is to place your hair in a bun and once you wake up, spray a water and mousse to help scrunch it. This will make your curls look magnificent.
How to use a hair dryer for curly hair?
The best way is to start with wet hair along with a heat protection cream then set your dryer with a diffuser at low heat and speed. Keep going on in scrunching motion, pushing the dryer into the curls. You can also flip your hair upside down and dry upwards.
Keep moving around your hair until you’re done and finally comb them to ensure there are no tangles.
How to curl hair with a hair dryer?
Once the hair are dry, pull the brush and roll the hair around it. Hold the hot dryer for a few seconds to get the desired shape then give a cold air blast.
Remove the brush by pointing the tip towards the head and slowly unravel instead of pulling it out rashly. Finally comb with your fingers and break all the tangled sections if any.