Do you constantly crave a healthy and tasty breakfast but the efforts that go into it turn you off?
No worries, we have some Best Outdoor Griddles that will do the trick for you.
Outdoor gas griddles are just superb for cooking items that are very difficult to pull off for normal grills and are becoming more popular as a great alternative to them.
Whether it’s bacon, pancakes, eggs, or hash brown, an outdoor gas griddle will cook everything for you and will do it anywhere.
So here we’re going to present the best ones for you so that you can push all the headaches aside and concentrate on the best part i.e. food.
But before that, we’ll discuss some extremely important stuff so that you can be well informed about your purchase.
Why Outdoor Gas Griddles?
A griddle is a flat, steel-made, open cooking surface that uses the heat given by a gas burner that is right below its surface.
Griddle surfaces have a uniform cooking area that doesn’t create ugly marks on your food and doesn’t require tiring cleaning work as a traditional grill.
Griddles let you cook some out-of-the-world meat as well as pancakes, eggs, and not so easy to cook foods perfectly.
Flat Top Griddle VS Standard Gas Grill
Both the cooking mediums are different and have their specialties but there are few things that separate them.
Let’s take a look:
- Taste & Texture – Grills give the cooked food an awesome charred texture while the griddles give a fried one. Food cooked on griddles taste like it has been fried because of the smooth cooking surface it has.
- Time – Grills cook faster than griddles, thanks to the high temperatures they can reach. Unlike griddles, they have open flames that give scorching heat to the food.
- Convenience – Because of thin wheels, grills are very hard to move and carry around while the griddles are small, portable, and can be fitted easily on a tabletop or a gas grill.
Different Types of Gas Griddles
We’ve talked about what are gas griddles, what’s the difference between a gas griddle and a standard gas grill, and so on. Now let’s take a look at the different varieties of gas griddles:
Dedicated Gas Griddle
A dedicated gas griddle is the largest type of gas griddle and can be placed right next to your regular outdoor grill. It has wheels for easy storage and transportation and can cook a large quantity of food at a time, credit goes to its large surface area.
Tabletop Gas Griddle
A tabletop gas griddle has less cooking surface area as compared to a dedicated one but is much cheaper also because of its smaller size.
It is specially designed to be placed on a counter or tabletop while small standing varieties are also available in the market.
Placed on existing grill
These are the plates that can be placed on top of an existing grill. These griddle covers then provide heat through the heat of the grill. They have the same old benefits as a griddle but heat up quickly as the grill is the source of heat.
Enough foreplay, let’s pick the best one out for you now…
- Why Outdoor Gas Griddles?
- Flat Top Griddle VS Standard Gas Grill
- Different Types of Gas Griddles
- Here are 11 Best Outdoor Gas Griddles Reviews of 2022
- #1.Blackstone 36 Inch 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill
- #2.Blackstone Table Top Grill – 17 Inch Portable Gas Griddle
- #3.Royal Gourmet GD401 Portable Propane Gas Grill and Griddle Combo
- #4.Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle, Two-Burner
- #5.Camp Chef Professional Fry Griddle 3 Burner Griddle
- #6.Lodge Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle With Handles, 20 Inch x 10.5 Inch
- #7.Sizzle-Q SQ180 100% Stainless Steel Universal Griddle for Charcoal/Gas Grills
- #8.Blackstone 36” Outdoor Flat Top Gas Griddle
- #9.Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle
- #10.Cuisinart CGG-888 Outdoor Flattop Griddle
- #11.Royal Gourmet PD1202R Portable Tabletop Grill/Griddle
- Wrapping it Up
- Factors to keep in mind before buying
- Care and Maintenance
Here are 11 Best Outdoor Gas Griddles Reviews of 2022
If you are ready for the ultimate griddle experience then don’t think twice before investing in Blackstone 36 Inch 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill. It’s super easy to use and assembles and cooks before you know it.
With this beauty, you don’t need kerosene, charcoal, and matches, thanks to its easy start, battery-powered push-button ignition. Now be ready to take your outdoor cooking to next level and enjoy every bit of it.
- Easy to assemble
- Quick ignition button
- Easily removable griddle top
- Runs on disposable propane cylinders by default
- 12000 BTUs of heat
- H-Style Burner
- 268 Sq. Inch Heavy Duty Cooking Surface
- Cold-Rolled Steel Griddle Top
- Built-in Igniter for Complete Heat Control
BlackStone Tabletop Grill Portable Gas Griddle, well this is an all-occasion expert. Be it tailgate or wilderness, you can carry it anywhere, thanks to its ultra-portability.
It gives a mind-boggling heat of more than 12000 BTUs that lets you cook some fantastic burgers, steaks, hot dogs, bacon, and much more. So be ready to win your family and friends’ heart by cooking super delicious food on this babe.
It also has a rare ability to stay level on the trickiest of surfaces.
- Perfect for any occasion
- Easy to carry
- Fast Heat-Up
- Cooks a variety of food
- Effortless Cooking
- Less sturdy base
- Automatic Ignition System
- Grill and Griddle combo design
- Collapsible design
- Stainless steel burner
- Flame tamer
- Efficient oil channel system
- Ample space for food preparation
- Easy to transport
Well not anymore. The Royal Gourmet GD401 Premium 4-Burner Folding Gas Grill and Griddle does the job of both and does it brilliantly. It has a user-friendly design and its assembly work can be done in as little as 10 minutes.
Royal Gourmet GD401 is capable of giving 48000 BTUs of heat (thanks to its 4 powerful burners) and has an automatic ignition system that gives fast and even heating.
It’s one of the best portable propane and gas griddles.
- Best Outoor Kegerators
- The 10 Best Outdoor Pizza Oven Reviews
- 5 Best 2 Burner Gas Grills that will give you tasty and fast Barbeque!
- Fast and easy startup
- Huge space for food preparation
- Easy to move
- Super easy to clean
- No lid provided for the grill side
- Much less warranty compared to competitors
- Cast iron griddle requires maintenance
If easy and versatile cooking is something that interests you then you don’t have to look any further folks. Be it basics or breakfast or anything else, you can experience cooking like never before with Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle.
A combination of great design and amazing portability is something rare that it possesses and it lets you express your culinary creativity to the fullest.
- Compact & Portable
- Two burners for more control
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- No markings on the heat control knob
- Short hose
- Auto Shut Off
- Ultra-efficient infrared heating
- Built-in safety valve
- Extremely easy to use
Be it a family reunion or a tailgate party, one thing is certain and that is you need to cook a lot of food.
But is it so easy? Not really!
Even if I have a Camp Chef Professional Fry Griddle?
Well, then the scenario is different!
Camp Chef Professional Fry Griddle is a world-class and large-sized griddle that takes care of all your food business. Apart from being a restaurant-style griddle, it has several features that will keep you hooked to cooking and enjoying fantastic food.
- Ample amount of space
- Easy to use
- Convenient carry handle
- Fast heat-up
- Very Heavy
- Can be used with a variety of cooking mediums
- Great heat retention and even heating
- Gives a natural, easy-release finish
- Brutally tough for decades of use
Who doesn’t like some tasty pancakes, eggs, steak, and grill chicken?
Well everyone does!
The Lodge Pro-Grid Iron Grill and Griddle is one of the best options to cook this stuff, thanks to its excellent heat retention and distribution. It fits on two stovetop burners without any hassle and is easy to flip, lift or hang when you are not using it.
- Difficult to clean
- Stainless Steel Finish
- Impressive Heat Output
- Safety Design
- Variable Heat Control Knob
- Wheels for Smooth Mobility
The Sizzle Q SQ180 Stainless Steel Universal Griddle has emerged as one of the most popular outdoor cookware pieces not because stars were aligning in its favor but because it has the ability to fit well on any gas grill in the market and is super fun and easy to cook on.
The Sizzle Q SQ180 has plenty of griddle space, is easy to clean, and gives consistent and even heat to the food.
- Strong and Durable
- Great heat management
- Fun to cook on
- Easy to clean
- Fits on almost every gas grill
- Prone to rust if not cared for properly
If outdoor cooking runs in your blood then just close your eyes and go for this one. The Blackstone 36” Outdoor Flat Top Gas Griddle dominates the outdoor griddle market with its ability to cook out of the world pancakes, eggs, quesadillas steak, grilled cheese, and more.
- Restaurant-style cooking
- Cooks a huge variety of foods
- Easy to assemble and use
- Easy to move around
- A bit heavy
- Corrosion prone grill surface
- Wind guards not included
- Adjustable burners for even heat distribution
- Piezo Ignition System
- Removable oil cup for easy clean-up
- Porcelain-coated griddle for more tender food
Have heavy and bulky gas griddles irritated the hell out of you? Don’t worry we’ve got your back here too. The Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable Grill Griddle lets you be the master of grilling craft and at the same time lets you say goodbye to the outdated and heavy ones.
It cooks so delicious fried rice, hash browns, eggs, bacon, French toast, etc. that your family and friends won’t be able to get enough of it.
- Ample amount of cooking space
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- Cooks a huge variety of food
- Doesn’t heat evenly sometimes
Is your craving for restaurant-prepared burgers, steaks, hotdogs, etc. proving to be too hard on your pocket? If yes then well it’s not cool at all. But Cuisinart CGG-888 Outdoor Flattop Griddle brings super delicious restaurant-style food for you at home and that too with plenty of awesome features.
- Easy to clean
- Roasts, bakes, steams, and smokes
- Easy to assemble
- Consistent and even cooking
- Has a paper towel holder
- No thermometer in the lid
- The grease management system can stain clothes
- Maintenance of seasoning on griddle top required
- 221 Inch Cooking Surface to cook 8 patties at once
- Porcelain Enameled Top for juicier meat
- 12000 BTU of Power
- Grease management system for easy cleaning
- Piezo ignition system for fast and tasty food
- Tank regulator
Perfection doesn’t get any closer than this! The Royal Gourmet PD1202R makes you seem like a cooking alchemist with its superior quality, portability, and most importantly, ease of use. Just push a button and voila, super fine eggs, rice, hash browns, bacon, French toast are ready for you to devour on.
The Royal Gourmet PD120R Tabletop Griddle is also easy to store and makes your camping and tailgating experiences much more awesome than before.
- Fast and even heating
- Easy to cleanup
- Portable & Convenient
- Quick assembly
- Fits in your car comfortably
- Uneven griddles
Wrapping it Up
If you are still confused about the Best Outdoor Griddles, you can’t go wrong with Blackstone 36 Inch 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill. It’s super easy to use and assembles and cooks before you know it.
Factors to keep in mind before buying
Before you decide to invest your hard-earned money in a griddle, just take a quick note of these critical points so that you can have a much more rewarding experience and also thank us later (just kidding).
Wouldn’t it be silly to say that the size of a griddle determines how many people you can cook for and where?
Well, but we will still say it as we don’t want to keep you in dark. While the small griddles can be used both indoors and outdoors, the large ones need a special place.
The small ones can be combined with existing grills without any fuss while the large ones have a massive surface area of 500 square inches to cook for a large family or gathering.
Number of Burners
Griddles have hot and cold zones due to their burners. The space right above the burner is hotter while the edges are cooler. Multiple burners below the surface of the griddle give heat to the entire surface quicker and more properly.
While multiple burners are great if you have to cook a lot of food at a time, they are also convenient as you can always turn them off to keep a warming or cooler area.
Plus you have extra temperature control over the griddle.
While the surface area of gas griddles can be made from different materials, chrome and stainless steel are most popular, thanks to their invulnerability to rust. But keep in mind that they are more expensive.
However, you can get cheaper alternatives that are made of regular steel or aluminum but make sure that they have an extra coating of heat resistant material that makes the surface function optimally for a long time.
Don’t forget to check out how many shelves or how much storage space the griddle can offer as they can add great value to your purchase and also make your cooking a lot easier.
Money is important, everybody knows that and that’s what must be kept in mind while buying a gas griddle. The small ones can be bought for around $100-200 while the large ones go as up to $300-400. The best way to determine your budget is just how much you will be using it, that’s all.
If you cook for a large group of family or friends too often then don’t hesitate to buy a large griddle while if your use is limited, invest your hard-earned money in a small one.
Care and Maintenance
This is one of the most critical parts of buying a griddle and probably the most neglected too. But don’t worry, we won’t let you neglect it this time. The two most important things to do to keep your griddle in fine condition for years to come are seasoning it and buying a decent quality cover.
And after you are done with your awesome cooking, don’t forget to clean the griddle to prevent rust formation (even if it is resistant to rust, mind you).
Let’s break down the whole process for you my friend:
- After the grill has cooled down, scrape away any large chunks of grease or hard debris with your grill spatula.
- Then take a paper towel and remove the rest of the residue with a bit of water.
- After using a paper towel, using a nylon scouring pad is a great idea as it will remove even more debris and grease off the cooking surface.
- Rinse the cooking surface properly after it’s all done and dry the griddle using a soft cloth. Finally pour a little oil on the surface and spread it with a separate paper towel to prevent rusting.
When it comes to storing your gas griddle, seek a place that is cool and dry so that the propane tanks are safe from blowing their tops off and leaking gas. You can also use a propane tank gauge to make sure that you have sufficient fuel in the tank for each cooking session.
A storage or garage shed is a great idea, provided you have a griddle cover so that the debris and dust don’t fall on the cooking surface and scratch/damages it.
Make sure that you don’t stack anything on the griddle’s top as it can damage the cooking area and the griddle and will ultimately lower the griddle’s life.
So that’s it, folks!
The Best Outdoor Griddle Reviews for you. Also, make sure to check out the best outdoor tabletop patio heaters to make your chilly evenings more special than ever.